The former Deans farm buildings built in 1883 were originally part of the Riccarton House and Bush, and the Homebush Station near Darfield. They were thought to be a blacksmith's forge/stables and a piggery. The buildings were bought by Christchurch Boys high School in 1926 and used as storage for many years.
Since the earthquakes in 2010/11 West Spreydon School had many meetings, inspections and discussions as to the state of the school and its future. In 2017 discussions began on the overall vision for the school, presented as an education brief. Fulton Ross Team Architects was appointed by The Ministry of Education to work with the school in realising this brief.
The Milton Street Substation, now owned by Clark Mauger, was built in 1928 by the Municipal Electricity Department (MED). The building required significant seismic strengthening and Fulton Ross Team Architects accompanied by Red Fox engineers was brought on to complete the project.